Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Been Forever, I Know

"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally." - David Frost


I know it's been a very long time but I've been so busy. So I guess I can give somewhat of a brief summary of the last five months. *Sigh* Here it goes...

I didn't make it to Indoor Nationals but I did make it to USA Indoor. It was amazing! It made me see and feel that the Professional Track and Field environment is where I belong. I was surrounded by an elite group of runners and I felt as if I was in the right place. I, unfortunately, did not do well at the meet but that was okay. New Mexico was beautiful the mountians didn't even look real, it was really clean and everything looked like a post card. And that's how I ended my indoor season.

For Spring Break this year we didn't have a meet both weekends, just the second! So, this year about 11 of us on the track team went to THE BAHAMAS! My mom really came through with paying for me to go! And it was nothing short of AMAZING! The water was beautiful, the Island was beautiful, the people were ... not so beautiful LMAO! I really bonded with my teammates and I take SOOOOO many memories and inside jokes away with me from that experience!

As for my Outdoor track season, everything has been kind of shakey. I only ran in four meets during the season. And the times weren't as great as I wanted them to be. I wanted to run blazing times throughout the season to create a buzz around me but as always I ran okay times and there was zero buzz lol But I was running faster than I normally run during the season so I knew by the end I would P.R. something big!

I graduated from Howard University! I didn't get to attend graduation though, I was at MEAC Conference Championships instead :/ I was never big on graduation ceremonies anyway I was just sad I couldn't party with my class one last time. On a brighter note, I finally became MEAC Champion in the 100 hurdles! And I held my title for the 3 time Champion in the 400 hurdles. I fell in the 400 hurdles prelims, picked myself up and came in second qualifying for the finals with a time of 1:01. I came back the next day and won the event!

Regionals was this past weekend! I ran both the 100 hurdles and the 400 hurdles. Prior to Regionals I decided which hurdles I wanted to run professionally. I decided on the 100 hurdles, I don't want to run both because I really want to focus and not have so much stress on my body. The reason why I picked the shorts is because I know nothing about the 400 hurdles, nor do I have the same passion for them, at least not the amount of passion it takes to actually train for them. Anyways, at regionals I made it to the quarterfinals in the 400 hurdles but didn't make it to Nationals. I was running in line 1 and no matter how I got out I ended up on my left leg... which ruined the whole first half of my race.

In the 100 hurdles, I p.r.'d something big! 13.18 in the prelims and 13.20 (13.198) in the quarterfinals. I barely made it to Nationals! Each region takes top 12 and I had the 12th spot! These were the times for the 11th through 14th places, 11. 13.197, 12. 13.198, 13. 13.200, 14. 13.200 ... needless to say it was very close! So, I'm off to Nationals next week in Oregon! Running that time felt AMAZING! Before I ran I felt like I had something in me just wanting to explode! I was in line 1 heat 2 and when the gun went off I blasted to the first hurdle. I came in second in my heat and the girl that won was in line 5... it really felt like I was by myself the whole race, I even got a shoutout from the Announcer lol I can't really remember the race though I only remember getting out and half way through forcing my lead leg a little faster. My splits between the hurdles were crazy. In the quarterfinals I felt really good especially since I ran almost the same time! Consistance is great!

Well that's all folks... 5 months in a very breif summary! I'm going to try and keep you updated! Ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment