Thursday, May 19, 2011

Soaring

"When the Prayers Go Up, The Blessings Come Down!"

Hello Readers!

It's been an exciting couple of weeks! I have to catch up with you guys before anything else happens. Lol. My family and I have themes for every month, this month is "When the Prayers go up, The Blessings come down" :o) And boy have they been coming down!! I'll start with my family life and then move to track.

I went to visit my family for Mother's Day/ My mom's birthday! My mom's birthday is the 7th and my brother had the bright idea to surprise her and have all her children together. We haven't all been together since last September when my grandfather passed away. Since we have 3 newborns in the family I was extra pressed to go and lucky I could. I was only there for 2 days but 2 days are better than none. Lol. It was an absolute delight to see my family and the babies! All them are so cute <3

I'm finally getting out in Atlanta... A little bit Lol. I've been hanging out with my teammates and attempting to meet people. Which is good for me because I am definitely anti-social. Now that it's warm outside I have no reason not to see the best of Atlanta! I'm in a great city and it would be such a shame not to explore it!!

Trackside... And we have lift off!!!

As you all know, (At least those who have read my other posts) I have had a very rough and rocky start into the professional track and field world. From injuries to just plain bad races it wasn't as smooth as a transition as I would have liked BUT finally a break-through! I went to Clemson on the 7th and doubled running both the 100 hurdles and the 400 hurdles. So, warming up for the 100 hurdles, I felt GREAT! I was moving over them and just feeling awesome, def thought I was going to set a new p.r. (personal record) but maybe I went over just one time too many or maybe my mind was too focused on me killing everybody because I surely got out there and ran 13.4 smh and tied for 3rd. I was feeling so down and out I didn't know how I was going to come back and run the 400 hurdles. I was just praying and praying because my spirits were low. I didn't even consult my coach while I was warming up for them. And then... Magic. I don't know if it was because all I was thinking about was getting out to the first hurdle (so I wouldn't get yelled at) and picking it up at the 200 or if it was because I was so down I didn't have any chance to over think but it happened. Everything just went together, no stutter steps, no weird jumping motion just a smooth (for the most part still have things to work on) race. =D I p.r.'d and ran 56.7!!!! And won :D

The next weekend (5/13-14) I headed back to Clemson this time to run the 100 hurdles and the open 400. It was a two day meet this time. I was feeling pretty good warming up for the hurdles but when I got in the race I noticed my lack of speed :/ I couldn't switch gears for some reason and ended up running ANOTHER 13.4 :o( I was super, super sad about it and frustrated. I was ashamed to call myself a professional athlete! :Embarrassed Face: But the next day I came back determined to run faster and super focused! I ran 13.25. My 4th best time ever and I would've been satisfied if the wind wasn't illegal (ERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!). In some races in track and field the wind can only blow 2.0 and under for the time to count. The wind was 2.7 during my race -____- I'll take it tho. I forced myself to switch gears but I couldn't hold it for long :/ And ended up losing my momentum on the last few hurdles. I'm just happy my time came down and I'm not far from my p.r. After the race I was suppose to run the open 400 but my right hamstring was supppperrr tight so I scratched.

It remained tight until Wednesday (Yesterday). I had a deep tissue massage on Tuesday (:Pain Face:) that knocked the tightness out but I was still a little sore on Wednesday but today I feel better and was able to sprint over some short hurdles at practices :D

Well, my coach set up some meets for me in Europe for the next couple of weeks (Blessing!). So I'll be heading over on the 25th and coming back... TBA... Lol. But my first meet will be in Dakar, Senegal (Africa), then St. Polten, Austria. Big things are happening! Just gotta keep working hard :D

13 comments:

  1. Isn't God good? Who would have thought all the Lord would allow you to do, who knows what is in store! Keep praying when you don't know what else to do. Thats wassup that you saw my sister... I told you, you always reminded me of her :)And here you are, running on the same track together. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has his arms around you. Most of all he has you where he wants you to be that is living a dream most could only imagine.Stay prayed up and remember we love you very much and are so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little sister wow what can i say except i love you and yes very proud. Enjoy yourself work hard and stay prayerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can beleive this is happening you were always a good and focused person. Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God Dria granny so proud of you. Just the fact you are doing what you have been taught to do and that is thank God for your blessings before they even come. Stay with the Lord and you will be alright.I love you and knew from birth you are truly gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what and this your first year, go girl enjoy and do what you have to do. Wow i would love to travel wish i could run (lol). Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, this is your cousin Nean...Oh my you go girl! I am so happy to say...I know her...lol...keep up the good work baby girl...Wow! I am so impressed. God is good...my favorite: "Prayers going up, blessings coming down!" Muah! Xoxoxo...Please tell Priscilla I said hello...I am currently in Michigan for a community meeting tomorrow (May 21), but heading back home (south sunny Florida), God Willing, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lord took one from me the day you were born but blessed me with you as my grandaughter. Love you and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone starts from somewhere. Your first step was to graduate from Howard in 4 years that says something you were focused on what you had to do in your studies. Good luck in what you are doing all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone starts from somewhere. The fact you graduated from college says something you were focused on your studies. Good luck in all you do and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well i guess we are all hard on ourselves yet it makes us stronger. Good luck and try strong lady, and most of all don't give up, i did and missed a big chance for basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thats awesome Landria. You're such an inspiration for your killer instinct and attitude. You've always been a fighter and champion. Im soo proud of you. Keep it up, Im coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waiting for a new blog post to hear what happened over seas. Good luck in whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete