Monday, December 14, 2009

Thinking About The Future


“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.”

-Abraham Lincoln



As I end my second to last semester of undergrad, I can't help but think ... "what next?" I mean, of course I want to go to Grad school but I'm not sure if I really want to work in Politics. I want to attain an M.P.A. (Masters of Public Administration), maybe get my J.D. (Law Degree) when I'm 30. I really want to go to Georgia State for Grad School. Or at least somewhere in Georgia because they have really good Political Science programs. Eh, still not 100 percent sure I want to work in government.

Of course, I'm going to attempt to go pro in Track and Field but even with that comes a lot of uncertainty. Like, what event will I run? Will I get an endorsement? And if not, how will I pay for my expenses? Ahh, life is coming really fast at me now. The only thing I know for sure is that I don't want to go to back to school until January. I NEED a break.

I do want to coach though. Being an assistant coach at a major university would be extra tight. I would only want to coach hurdles though. I'm selfish that way. And maybe motivational speaking too. Ugh, but I would only do that if I did great things in Track! Like get an Olympic Gold medal!!!!! I have no idea what life has in store. Guess I'm just going to take it one day at a time and follow God's plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment