Thursday, January 14, 2010

Waking Up... Busy Bee

"If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention!"

-Sister Mary Clarence

Hello Bloggers!!! I know, I know it's been a long time!!!! But my computer is currently broken and I plan to get a new one within the next couple of days!! :o) How have you guys been??? Do tell! Lol. Me? Well, let me start by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR and MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS! Lol. Good stuff has been going on. I'm in the final stretch of my undergraduate career. 17 credits away!!! I'm taking 18 though. Let's see... this semester has 18 credits, a part time job, a internship, and a track season, in store!! Yay!! Lol Let's start with the 18 credits.

This semester my schedule is crazy but my classes are fairly easy. Only 3 (9 credits) real classes. The other 9 credits are ... blow offs ... kind of. Lol. I'm talking swim, health science, and golf. 3 P.E.'s that I need in order to graduate. My golf instructor told us that class starts March 1st! For the Win!!! Lol. My swim teacher is very, very nice... I took the easiest one. Lol. I'm soo afraid of deep water! Then I'm taking a 3 credit internship class, all we do is write a paper and get a letter from our supervisor. My next class is Humanities. The professor just wants you to buy his books and show them at the test. This class is actually during my internship. Lol. So I'm just going to go for the test! There are like 3. My 3 hard classes are Spanish 4, Judicial Process, and American Presidency. My Judicial Process Professor is extra kool. =) I took him before. Spanish is going to be a struggle because I know NOTHING!! But I'm going to try to learn really fast lol. And American Presidency is about to be an L... He is about to have us doing a lot for no reason, smh. So, those are my classes.

Today is the first day of my internship! I think I'm going to like it. The people are really nice! It reminds of my job at Romulus City Hall... only with Internet!!! lol Anyways I work here on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and some Fridays (when don't have track meets). I'm starting to feel like a grown up. Lol. Now if only it was a paid internship! Lol. But I need the experience. =)

I'm currently looking for a part time job that I can have during Monday and Wednesday nights from 6- 12pm. I was thinking about being a lobby monitor again but I really don't feel like working at the Towers again, especially since I don't live their anymore. I was also looking into a valet job. That seems like easy money, plus madd tips! And I might even work on Sundays. Idk yet but I need to get a job ASAP!

Now TRACK!!! I know you've all been waiting for it ;o) We had a track meet this past weekend. I did ... decent. I only ran the 60 hurdles and the 4x4. The first race of the 60 hurdles I did ... ugh. Lol I ran a 8.65. Faster than the first race at the first meet but I am not trying to see above 8.5 ever again! Lol. In the finals, I ran a 8.47. Eh. It was okay but I'll take it. I didn't get a chance to go over hurdles all break so, it'll take a few races and practice to get back in the swing of things but I'm not too far off from where I was. In the 4x4, I split a 55. Which is pretty good! Especially just coming back from break. Our fourth leg fell right before the line so we don't really know what our time was. But it was a REALLY good race. My hamstring is tweaking a little bit, so I think I'm going to take the week off. I've been in rehab all week but the trainer says I'm good ... just entirely TOO sore and need to relax and lay off the running for a little bit. My ham is already feeling better too!=) Not 100, like 95. By next week it'll be 100. but I'm going to keep doing my rehab exercises as well as practice. So, really random. Remember at the first meet I ran 24.89 in the 200. Well apparently, NCAA converted the time because it wasn't on a bank track and it turns out, the converted it to a 24.39!!! I've never run anything close to that before!!! LOL And now I'm ranked like #3 in the 200!! Wth! Soooo random haha

In regards of the quote, I want to go somewhere and be somebody!!! So I'm paying attention and doing what I have to do ... GRINDING!!!

Anyways, that's everything... basically. Catch you on the fly. Thanks for reading =)

Ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment