Monday, February 7, 2011

A Budding Rose

"Most of the important things in the World have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."-Dale Carnegie

Hey Bloggers,

I know it's been a very long time since I've updated you guys, I just haven't been in the writing mood. Needless to say, a lot has been going on in these last months. I want to start by saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and Happy Valentines Day! Wow it's been that long huh? lol I don't know where to begin so the blog is going to be kind of short because I have to touch bases on EVERYTHING that has been going on.

I'll start with a little of my private life and move on to track.Let's see, for Christmas I went to Texas for the first time! I went to visit my brother and his family. My nephew is so cute I miss him mucho. It was great spending time with family and seeing my brother and how he's living! lol For New Years my friends, Yetty, Alysa, and Jasmine came down to the A to visit me!!!! We had a blast! Besides the endless mall trips trying to get our outfits together we had a good ol' time and I enjoyed showing and exploring the city with them. I went to DC a few weeks back and that was wonderful. I was only there for a few days but I had fun seeing all my friends and old teammates! I love my #HU theyalways show me love and my old coaches definitely helped me out a lot! God has definitely been blessing me as I try and venture out on my own (As well as my very supportive mother.)

I'd like to take a little time to shoutout my mother by the way. She is an amazing person and has helped me out beyond belief! She is just as, if not more, invested in me in pursuing this track thing. Without her support there is no way I would be able to even attempt to do anything between her and God I've been down here surviving and making things work.

I moved!!! I live in Smyrna now. I stay with Monica Hargrove, a 400 runner in my group. I really love my apartment. I love my room and I love the location. It's great! I'm going to post pics in a few days of everything. I got a job as a host at a restaurant just a little side thing to get a little extra cash but I'm looking for another job that will provide more income. I think I'm going to be getting one in the next few days. For those who don't know I've taken bartending classes and I'm hoping to make a lot of money (enough to survive lol) doing that. I mean with my smile I think I can get a few tips lmao ;) I have high hopes this week, I've really been grinding looking for a job!

I'm trying this new thing with my hair. Wearing it in it's natural state. I've had natural hair for some years now (last perm Nov. 2006) but I've never worn it in it's natural state and as of late I've been completely fascinated with the idea. So, I have a few goals and things I'm going to try out to see if my hair grows not only healthy but thick! The first two weeks were kind of rough but I'm determined to figure it out!

Now that all that personal stuff is out of the way let's move to the track! I had training camp from the 2nd until the 15th in Naples, Florida. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be but it wasn't a piece of cake. The weather was great!!!! And I felt myself getting a lot better and really getting into the swing of things. I was lifting more and running faster, not to mention feeling more explosive! My first few hurdles had gotten a lot quicker and I felt as if I was moving towards 12.8 pace. Butttttttt in the middle of training camp I sprained my hamstring :( Unsure of if it was a tweak or sprain I continued to jog and do light workouts on it. When I got back it was confirmed and I was off for two weeks. I just started back today and I feel pretty good :) It's okay because I'm not going to be running until Outdoor so I have time to recovery! THANK GOD!!!

I'm feeling pretty comfortable down here now. I still need more friends lol but I'm pretty familiar with things and when I get my money up and the weather gets warmer I'm going to really explore the city!

Well that's everything in a very, very short summary. Thanks for reading... ttyl. P.s. I promise I'll write at LEAST once a month from now on :)

1 comment:

  1. wow, sounds like you have a whole lot going on! I didn't know all of this...what is the world coming to when you talk to someone on the phone and read their blog and you read more about them that they tell you :( shaking my head. lol. Good post though, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete